The annual BWRAG Hawaii Summit takes place every winter on the North Shore of Oahu. This year's Hawaii Summit will take place November 30-December 2, 2018 at Turtle Bay Resort. This premier big-wave gathering is not just a training but also an opportunity for our community to assemble and share ideas, experiences and goals to progress our sport and big-wave safety. The curriculum includes Level 2 courses, Instructors Training, an annual award ceremony, and optional add-on thrill craft certification.
BWRAG LEVEL 2
- Ocean Risk Management Training
- CPR/AED certification
- Medical interventions/first-aid training
- Presentation of 2018 lifesaving awards
- Lifesaving case study analyses
- Patagonia PSI Vest demonstration
- Pranayama breathing workshop
- In-pool apnea training
- Water rescue of unconscious victim with and without surfboard
- Jet ski pickups and jet ski rescue of unconscious victim
OPTIONAL ADD-ON: Recreational Thrill Craft Certification
- Optional additional full-day recreational thrill craft operator and tow-in certification course with Ian Akahi Masterson.
- You must attend Day 1 and Day 2 to be eligible for this course or have attended a Level 1 BWRAG summit in the past.
- NASBLA Safe Boating Course (free online course) must be completed in advance.
- This course is an additional fee.
BWRAG Level 2 certification
Qualifies holder to purchase Patagonia PSI vest
BWRAG INSTRUCTORS TRAINING
**By Invitation-Only. Closed session.
Visit our "Register" page for pricing and registration.