BWRAG'S Ocean Awareness course is an introduction to surf safety that is open to kids and beginner surfers. This one-day course takes place in the classroom and in the pool.
Ocean Awareness is taught by surfers, to surfers and is a great primer course before taking Level 1 BWRAG.
- Classroom training covering Ocean Risk Management (ORM)
- CPR basics
- Basic first aid
- Wipeout/survival techniques and protocols
- Surf spot analysis
- Proper breathing techniques for staying calm in the water
- Morning routines, stretches and meditation for surfing
- On-water introductory rescue training, including rescue of unconscious victim with and without surfboard
BWRAG Ocean Awareness certification
Check our "Register" page for upcoming Ocean Awareness classes.